Sunday, January 29, 2017

Clothes Hangers and Chamber Pots


The other day, a neighbor, with a surplus of plastic hangers asked me if I could use some. I thanked her and carried them home. I chuckled as it reminded me, about 60 years ago, my mom asked me to take some hangers over to a neighbor. I did it but I objected on the grounds that it was embarrassing to walk down the street with hangers. My mom put things into perspective with a funny comment. "Well it's not like I am asking you to walk down the street with a turd in a chamber pot."
     Even 60 years ago, I couldn't think of a single person who would have wanted a turd in a chamber pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards