Saturday, December 17, 2011

REVIEW OF CHARLES OF COLSHIRE CASTLE THE PURPLE DRAGON BY DOUGLAS QUINN

I received this book free, in exchange for my honest review.


When it arrived, I sat down and read it in one sitting. I didn’t want to
put it down.


The characters are well developed. I either loved them or hated them.


The king and his spoiled son are not pleased by the birth of a purple
dragon. Prince Barth wants it killed because of it color so Charles ties to
save it by kidnapping it and taking it somewhere safe where he can train
it. As a result, the King arrests Charles’ father and throws him in the
dungeon. Charles must hatch a plan to save his father before he is
executed. Will Hero, the dragon live up to his name and will Charles be
able to execute his plan to save his father before he is executed but still
keep himself and Hero alive?


THE PURPLE DRAGON is fast paced, with plenty of suspense and action.
Readers will find themselves routing for Charles and Hero to succeed in
saving Lothar, Charles’ father.


It was probably unintentional on the author’s part but I found myself
comparing and contrasting the king to various modern day dictators.


A fun read for children and adults who are young at heart.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect the best kids' books are those that make adult reader's think. Great review. Sounds a really good book.

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards