Saturday, October 22, 2011

Interview with Angela from Sheila Deeth's Flower Child

Today I'm interviewing Angela from Sheila Deeth's Flower Child while she interviews Flickertail the Llama from my book, Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths on her blog. Click the link.
About Flower Child: 
When Megan miscarries her first pregnancy it feels like the end of everything; instead it’s the start of a curious relationship between the grieving mother and an unborn child who hovers somewhere between ghost and angel. Angela, Megan’s “little angel,” has character and dreams all her own, friends who may or may not be real angels, and a little brother who brings hope to her mother’s world. But Angela’s dream-world has a secret and one day Angela might learn how to be real.


  1. What in your past had the most profound effect on you?
I think… maybe the birth of my brother. It kind of brought me and my mother together for a while. Just for a while, but I guess it made me realize she might be there for me later.
  1. What in your past would you like to forget?
I dunno. Eric maybe. I mean, it just felt wrong… felt weird…
  1. What in your past would you like others to forget?
I’d like my Mom to forget what happened and treat me like I’m real.
  1. Have you ever had an adventure?
Maybe life’s an adventure. You tell me. You’re alive.
  1. What is the most important thing that ever happened to you? Why?
The most important… would kissing a boy count?
  1. Was there a major turning point in your life?
Okay, kissing a boy definitely counts. That’s when I started to grow up.
  1. Was there ever a defining moment of your life?
Besides meeting boys? There was that time when Mom really talked to me, when we got my brother’s books out on the bed…
  1. Is there anything else about your background you’d like to discuss?
You’re asking about me not being alive aren’t you?
  1. What is your most closely guarded secret?
The fact that I think I am alive.
  1. What is your most prized possession? Why?
Ouch. I’m never sure which things are possessions and which are dreams. I’d say shoes, but just ’cause people wear them, does that make them real? Do they make me real?
  1. Any additional questions you would like to answer?
Not really. Can I go hang out with Elisha now before the angels come to get us?

About the author: 
Sheila Deeth grew up in the UK and has a Bachelors and Masters in mathematics from Cambridge University, England. Now living in the States with her husband and sons, she enjoys reading, writing, drawing, telling stories, running a local writers' group, and meeting her neighbors’ dogs on the green.

Sheila describes herself as a Mongrel Christian Mathematician. Her short stories, book reviews and articles can be found in VoiceCatcher 4, Murder on the Wind, Poetic Monthly, Nights and Weekends, the Shine Journal and Joyful Online. Besides her Gypsy Shadow ebooks, Sheila has several self-published works available from Amazon and Lulu, and a full-length novel under contract to come out next year.
Find her on her website: http://www.sheiladeeth.com
or find her books at: http://sheiladeeth.weebly.com

Thank you so much for allowing me to interview Angela, Sheila. I'm sure my readers will enjoy getting to know her as much as I did.
Where to find Flower Child:



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for interviewing Angela--I wonder if she was jealous when her mother got interviewed earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun interviewing, Angela. I had no idea what to except with such an unusual character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, an excellent character interview!

    Now that I've read and reviewed Flower Child, I am visiting the month of its tour posts. I decided after a few it was best to not read them first.

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards