Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Book Signing & Other Great News

My Book Signing & Other Great News


Many of you already know that I was excited to have been invited to display and sign my books on the 20th and 21st at the Galloway House, a historical village, in Fond du Lac, WI. Although I only sold 8 books, I am pleased with the local exposure and I had a great time. I met many wonderful people. The staff and volunteers at the Galloway House were outgoing, friendly, and helpful. The ladies in the Reception Building made me feel welcome and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. The weather cooperated and there was a great turnout of visitors to the village of 30 historic buildings.

There was something to enjoy for every family member with crafts, demonstrations, a car show, a petting zoo, a museum featuring war memorabilia, and an old fashioned ice cream social.
My husband was drawn to the old cars and took more photos of them than he did of me and my book display.
I now have all four of my books at the Galloway House on consignment.

In addition, I just learned that my publisher is now offering my books at less than $10. In my opinion, that is a much more realistic price than the $16.95 they had them priced at.

2 comments:

  1. That really is wonderful, to have your books there on consignment. And your table looks so nice--very pleasingly laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheila. I hope the added exposure will help.

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards