Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Twists, Turns, and Intrique

My Book Review of The Canary List by Sigmund Brouwer 

When I was offered a chance to review this book, I was excited because the publisher's site noted that it was about a child in foster care. Having grown up in that system, I was anxious to compare Jaimie's experiences with mine. It turned out that we had very little in common but I empathized with her unique situation just the same.

12-year-old Jaimie can sense evil and to escape it, one night she seeks the help of the one person in her life that she trusts, her teacher, Mr. G. That decision triggers a series of calamities for him and uncovers secrets about Jaimie's past and the Catholic Church.

This is an easy to read, fast paced Christian thriller. I couldn't put it down and read it in one day. The ending was totally unexpected to me and raised additional questions.

I would recommend it, if you don't mind endings that don't tie everything neatly together.

I received this book free from Waterbrook Press in exchange for my honest review.

1 comment:

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards