Monday, July 18, 2011

I Have Been Converted

pixel


DragonSpell (Dragon Keepers Chronicles, Book 1)

DragonSpell (Dragon Keepers Chronicles, Book 1)
by Donita K. Paul
Edition: Paperback
Price: $10.28
Availability: In Stock

172 used & new from $0.43

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been converted, July 18, 2011


This is the second book I have read by Ms. Paul and I will read more of her books. I never used to be a fan of fantasy or dragons but she has made me one.

Several of the reviews I have read on this book refer to the story as a spiritual allegory, which it certainly is. If you define allegory as "anything used as a symbol", you might also find, as I did, that it could be an allegory for government too.

The characters were well developed and their flaws were believable. Paul made me care about all of the "Good Guys" and to wish them well, as she placed some of them in jeopardy. To my surprise, some parts of the story actually made me cry. Who would have thought I would relate to dragon characters?

Dragonspell is an excellent read for all ages and fans of Christian fantasy. Or, if you have an open mind, you may be converted to Christian fantasy by Donita K. Paul's skill with weaving a magical world and plot.

I received this book free from Waterbrook Press in exchange for my honest review.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. I've just read and thoroughly enjoyed the Dragons of Chiril. I can see I would be quickly addicted to this series. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards