Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Book Review - Where Will You Go from Here? by Valorie Burton

After reading Valorie's book, I was surprised to realize that I had unknowingly employed many of her steps to moving forward through various setbacks of my own. They work!

When I lost a business, I did not spend a lot of time feeling sorry for myself but rather chose to learn from the experience by assessing what I did wrong and what I did right.

Armed with that ammunition, I started another more successful business. I believed I could succeed as long as I accepted that no attempt was a failure as long as I learned from it.

I especially like her suggestion to choose to believe that God is orchestrating all things to work together for good, even when the odds seem overwhelmingly against us. I have had proof of this in my life.

When I look back on the puzzle pieces of my life, I can see where every piece was needed and how it was put in place at just the right time to bring me to where I am today. It all fits.

At the end of the book Valorie tells us to "let others see God through us." We serve as an inspiration when we glorify God through our lives by "trusting in Him to lead us to a better place in His time."

I will be sharing this motivating book.

I received this book free from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review.

1 comment:

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards