Saturday, May 21, 2011

Out of a Far Country by Christopher Yuan and Angela Yuan Book Review

Being neither Chinese, nor gay, I wasn't sure if I would be able to relate to this book about two broken people (actually three, if you include Angela's husband) and their journey toward a closer relationship with each other and with God.

Out of a Far Country by Christopher Yuan and Angela Yuan is powerfully told by Angela, who is devastated when she learns her son is gay and Christopher, her gay son. As their stories unfold, it is easy to relate to the emotions and experiences of both.

It is also easy to understand how misunderstandings and lack of communication can play a role in shaping lives and destructive decision making.

I kept routing for all of them to find a way to make the right decisions to achieve spiritual and individual joy as well as happiness as a family.

Angela and Christopher speak world wide about God's desire for prodigals of all types to return to Him. 

I received this book free from Waterbrook Press in exchange for my honest review.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I should stalk you and pick the same books to review as you. This one certainly sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards