Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The One Day Way by Chantel Hobbs Book Review



Having just submitted a review for my latest book from Blogging for Books, It was time to choose another free book to review. Usually, I have no problem finding something that looks interesting but this time, the selection didn't excite me. I finally settled on The One Day Way, even though other diet books had failed me. Perhaps, as Chantel suggests in her book, I didn't pick up The One Day Way by accident.

I don't know yet, if this book will help me lose weight and become more fit but I do like Chantel's philosophy of taking it one day at a time, celebrating even the smallest of victories, and refusing to focus on perceived failures.

I have a craving for chocolate around 3pm each day. If I tell myself I cannot have any more chocolate until I have lost all of the weight I need to lose, I will most likely see that as an impossible goal. It will be easier to tell myself that, just for today, I will not indulge. This is doable and, at the end of the day, I can give myself a pat on the back for having met the challenge. If I can do that today, perhaps I can do it again tomorrow.

Each achievement, no matter how small, will make me stronger and more able to take on other challenges

Chantel's plan focuses on faith, food, and fitness. The book includes easy to make menu suggestions and exercises that use a medicine ball and resistance bands. I already have these so I have no excuses to keep me from getting started.

I have faith that I can do this and I can start today -- The One Day Way.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Just come home from visiting family and that craving for chocolate is growing...

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards