Saturday, April 9, 2011

Prologue from The Bed & Breakfast

PART 1: THE BED & BREAKFAST
Prologue

As Cody read the newspaper, his eyes welled up. “It says the police believe Tim committed suicide. I don’t believe that. I think he was murdered because I didn’t get that box back to him in time.”

Mike picked up the steel box from the kitchen counter and fingered the lock. “What’s in it, anyway? Do you have the key?”

Cody shook his head. “I don’t know what’s in it and Tim has the key.”

Mike shook the box and held it up to his ear. “Could Tim have killed Mark for what’s inside?”

“No, Tim could never have killed Mark anymore than I could have. He was our hero. As much as I loved him, Tim loved his brother even more. I wouldn’t be alive today, if it weren’t for the two of them.”

Mike nodded. “Maybe both of their deaths are related to that box.”

Cody’s eyes opened wide. “That would mean our lives could be in jeopardy too.”

“I think we’d better find out what’s in this box.” Mike reached into a drawer, took out a knife, and pried the lock open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards