Monday, April 25, 2011

Do the Work by Steven Pressfield Book Review



The second book of THE DOMINO PROJECT, Do the Work builds on the first book’s, Poke the Box by Seth Godin, main theme of initiative

Once you have found the impetus to get started how do you keep on going when resistance threatens to destroy initiative

Steven Pressfield is the author of Do the Work, and these fiction books: The Profession, Killing Rommel, The Afghan Campaign, The Virtues of War, Last of the Amazons, Tides of War, Gates of Fire, The Legend of Bagger Vance along with nonfiction books: The Artist on Campaign, and The War of Art.

As an author, Pressfield writes Do the Work from an artist’s point of view but the principles can apply to anyone who has experienced inward and outward resistance to the fulfillment of any project.

He defines the forces of resistance such as fear, self doubt, procrastination, distractions, negative self chatter, etc. and gives tips on how to overcome each.

I love how he gives easy to understand examples of how these obstacles to progress can be overcome. I can’t wait to utilize them. Perhaps, I will finally complete my next book. 

I am receiving all of the books from The Domino Project free through BzzAgent in exchange for spreading the word about the books and for sharing my honest reviews.

You can also get a free copy of Do the Work here. I would love to read what you think of it too.




1 comment:

  1. Lucky you on the entire package of books in the Domino Project! I would love to have them all!

    I do have We Are All Weird by Seth Godin ... I had to purchase one of his, as he is founder of Squidoo and I am a Lensmaster!

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards