Friday, April 22, 2011

Book Review of The Corruptible written by Mark Mynheir

I enjoyed this fast paced action filled plot and I read it in two days.

Ray Quinn is a hard drinking private investigator. Hired to find Logan Ramsey and the sensitive information he supposedly stole, Quinn finds his dead body but not the client's information. Quinn and his sidekick, Crevis are great characters and I had fun getting to know them as they interact with many seedy and dangerous characters in solving the murder and finding the missing information. Being a murder mystery writer myself, I am usually able to solve these before the conclusion. I did guess correctly at some of the twists but I was taken by surprise at the actual murderer.


Since the author is a retired police detective, the behind the scenes and procedural details are believable and well written. 


I did have some minor problems with it. Quinn reminded me a lot of the main character in House. There was one place where I was confused about what day it was and toward the end of the novel, the author has Crevis acting like he has never been at the client's office before, although he had been there before.


This edition also contains some misspellings but this is an advance copy so those may be addressed in the released copies.


I received this book free from Multnomah for reviewing.







Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your Multnomah reviews. It's fun guessing which book you'll be reviewing next. This one sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards