Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Writer's Block: Where Do I Go From Here?

As you will see in a previous article, I recently finished reading and reviewing Deadly Ties by Vicki Hinze. I was very impressed with her ability to weave a dark and edgy issue (human trafficking) with romance, mystery, and suspense along with a Christian ambiance. The Christian element is not overwhelming or preachy but adds a great deal of depth to the story.

As I write this, I am listening to an interview with her about this book. She has also written 24 others that I am aware of and is working on several more. She didn't start out writing for the Christian genre but was inspired to do so by a life changing event. She discusses her writing and her decision to write Christian books in this interview.

I found the interview extremely insightful and inspiring. I have been having some trouble with writing my current book and have been praying for guidance to help me discover where I need to go from here. I've been thinking it may be time to explore a different genre. Her interview came into my life at just the right time. Funny how God does that.

You can listen to the interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards