Friday, January 7, 2011

New mortgage appraisal requirement for refinancing jeopardizes privacy

Currently, we have an ARM. Our financial institution offered us an opportunity to get out of the ARM and into a fixed rate. Yesterday, the appraiser came armed with a camera and informed us the new requirements now include interior photos. 

I was quite upset by this news. Partly because my house wasn't exactly spotless but also because of privacy concerns. I asked him who sees these photos. He admitted he didn't know.

I don't think the contents of one's home is anyone else's business. Who knows how these photos might be used?
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards