Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Book Review of SOUL PRINT by Mark Batterson

I’ve decided to approach this review by sharing what SOUL PRINT meant to me.
One of the reasons I write is to leave a legacy. According to the author, that is also why we live.
Those of you, who know me, know I believe God places the right people, in the right place, at the right time. Mark Batterson is one of those “right people.”
Mark believes to truly discover yourself, you must place God at the center of your self-discovery rather than yourself. You must learn to embrace your past, good or bad, because all of your past experiences are a part of your ‘soul print’.
As Mark’s words encouraged me to relive the defining moments of my life, I felt like I was putting the pieces of a puzzle together. It was amazing how perfectly they fit and how every piece was necessary in shaping my life. It was like it was all part of a Divine Plan.
You may think you know everything there is to know about yourself and your purpose here on this earth but, to be truly fulfilled, you must complete God’s destiny for you.
You will never be able to worship God completely, until you become the best version of the you that God created you to be.
Every morning I pray: “Thank you God for all of the days you have given me so far. Please bless this day as I offer it up to you.”
Now I add another sentence to my prayer. “Please help me to discover and become the person you created me to be.”
Mark Batterson is the lead pastor of National Community Church in Washington DC
I received this book free from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review.

1 comment:

  1. I like that idea of putting the puzzle pieces together. Sounds an interesting book. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards