Sunday, January 9, 2011

Book Review of Divine Appointments by Charlene Ann Baumbich

Divine Appointments by Charlene Ann Baumbich was an introspective, fun to read book. I found the characters to be realistic and well developed. I enjoyed the unusual plot. The main character, Josie is referred to as Hatchet Hand by one of the other characters. That should give you a clue as to what Josie did for a living. In spite of her job, I grew to like her. I think she is the character I most related to. We all know people who are driven by their careers and the pursuit of success. It was fascinating and rewarding to watch Josie discover there is more to life than just those things.

There was one jarring element to the realism in the story. I found the “supernatural” symbolic snow globe to be distracting. Although, it was an interesting literary device, I had a problem accepting it within Josie’s otherwise pragmatic approach to life.

I did enjoy Ms. Baumbich’s writing style and am looking forward to reading some of her other books.
I received this book free from Blogging for Books in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards