Blind Hope: An Unwanted Dog and the Woman She Rescued (Paperback)
The author, Kim Meeder and Laurie Sacher, a team leader at Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch are impressive, strong, and insightful women.
As a dog lover, I thoroughly enjoyed this real life story of Laurie and her dog, Mia.
I was amazed at the lessons Laurie learned from her blind dog. Laurie's willingness to accept the teachings, says as much for Laurie as it does for her dog.
Laurie frequently applies the observations she makes about her beloved Mia to her relationship with God. As her love for Mia grows so does her connection to God. A few of her inspirational quotes include:
- "God is with us, whether we are running away from Him or to Him."
- "I desperately needed my own light, my own relationship with God."
- "Just like Mia chose to trust me, it was time for me to choose to trust God."
- 'How many times will I have to walk back and scoop you up before you simply learn to walk with me?"
- "It's not possible for God's light, His truth to fill the space within my heart that's already full of me."
Kim is an excellent writer. I found the book easy to read but profound. This is one of the most inspirational books I've read.
I received this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.