Saturday, September 4, 2010

Make Mine Tea, Please

A photo of a cup of coffee.Image via Wikipedia

It was the first business meeting at my new job. The conference table included coffee cups, notebooks and pens by every chair. The center piece was a coffee pot. Everybody poured a cup, but me. A woman raised the pot invitingly, insistently, threateningly. “No thanks,” I said just as insistently.

I was reminded of the commercial where everything is humming along smoothly as long as everybody uses plastic. The minute someone dares to be a nonconformist everything grinds to a halt.

The office coffee was too thick to stir and too thin to plow. So sorry, I never liked mud.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Too thick to stir, and too thin to plow... cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a saying my grandmother might have used... love it, Mary. Speaks volumes in just a few short words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ole "go along to get along", doesn't work at all for those who have no taste for mud. :-) I wouldn't have had a cup either. ;)A square peg doesn't fit into a round hole. Great story kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that image! Too thick to stir too thin to plow!

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards