Friday, September 17, 2010

The Doctor

An afghan physician works in the emergency roo...Image via Wikipedia
Here's a drabble (100 word story) I wrote a few years ago that I hope you'll enjoy. Drabbles are a great way to learn to write concisely.

The Doctor

My sister answered my 3 a.m. phone call. "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

"Your ex-husband’s been injured. You might want to see him.”

She didn't want to make the trip; there were too many hurtful memories between them.

I will never forgive myself for calling.

By the time the police found her it was too late. Her husband was arrested. He had exacerbated his internal injuries when he struck her dead with his crutch and he was sent to the hospital.

As his physician, I took over. I may have hastened his demise just a little.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards