Monday, May 10, 2010

A Perfect Property Except . . .

This is fiction but it was inspired by our search for a suitable property for a Bed & Breakfast. It is fun and challenging to write a complete story in just 100 words, known as a drabble. Drabbles are usually fiction.

On a Sunday morning drive we noticed a scenic property with an octagon barn and an octagon house.

My heart leapt when I noticed the For Sale sign. It would be a perfect Bed and Breakfast.

We pulled the brass knocker on the substantial wooden door. Upon entering we fell in love with the spiral staircase, leading to a massive master bedroom with a romantic balcony.

We went to lunch to discuss our offer. One of the restaurant’s customers overheard us. “My octogenarian grandfather hung himself in that barn.”

We told the owners we’d decided to look for another property.

7 comments:

  1. You know I love drabbles Mary. And this one's definitely fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow to you, my Queen of Drabble. I miss Reena's drabble contests. I have several of my drabbles that I wrote for them in my computer. I thought I would post them here from time to time. They are such a great exercise in learning to tighten up one's writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you covnitkepr1. I'm so glad you found me and my animal friends. I hope you enjoyed your visit. Will check you blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read a Dabble before, you are so clever... I found it interesting and enjoyable.
    I also read your profile. You have come a long way in life. And.....you are a victor. God loves you, you are the apple of His eye. I am so glad to see you have become a shining star reaching out to give others pleasure through your writing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lloyd and Mary. Love your blogs too and am following you.

    ReplyDelete

WANT AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY?

For autographed copies of Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths you can buy directly from my website.








Blog Awards