For Teachers & Parents of 8-12 year-olds
• Each story contains at least one unfamiliar word to help expand vocabulary.
• Have the children guess what each monster is in Taffy’s Monsters.
• Learn history in the Horse Heroes of WWI, The Case of the Missing Shoes, and Scotland’s Battle of Bannockburn. The children might enjoy reenacting the battle too.
• Test math skills in Is She or Isn’t She.
• Explore Bolivia and its culture in Flickertail’s Llama Mama.
• Just like Flickertail & Paint, put on a play based on Agatha Christie’s Halloween Party.
• Have the children discuss what they might have done differently to help Flickertail’s and Paint’s friends.
The stories in Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths are fun, interactive, and intriguing. The purpose of the book is to capture imagination and pique curiosity to encourage further research and exploration.